Location addresses ~
* Goonies House - 368 38th Street, Astoria, OR 97103
* Data's House - 304 38th Street, Astoria, OR 97103
* Flavel House - 441 8th Street (between Duane and Exchange Street), Astoria, OR 97103
* Bowling Alley - 8th Street and Marine Drive, Astoria, OR 97103
* Clatsop County Jail - 732 Duane Street at 9th Street (two blocks towards the river), Astoria, OR 97103
* Warren Field - Bounded by 18th, 20th and Exchange Streets, Astoria, OR 97103 ~ Next to the Columbia Memorial Hospital
* Mouth's House - Top of the hill Skyline Avenue and Valley Street, Astoria, OR 97103
* Stop and Snack Store - 37th Street and Highway 30, Astoria, OR 97103
* Opening credits chase scene - Gower Street, Cannon Beach, Clatsop, OR. 97110
* Lighthouse Lounge - Ecola State Park
* Opening credits (Stef head in barrel) - East Mooring Basin, Astoria OR
* Tennis court scene where man drinks from water fountain - The location spot is now Gino's Pizza Pub and it sits right opposite the Stop and Snack Shop *Thanks to Jeff aka CaptainZippy
* Stef and the opening police chase - From Lief Erikson Drive/Columbia River Highway turn onto 36th Street and you will arrive at the East Mooring Basin.
* Data's scene in the beginning credits - It was I who originally suggested Tongue Point, but having done a little research I can tell you without a doubt that it was NOT filmed in Astoria.
Looking back at my call sheets, I found that the scene was originally scheduled to be shot here. However, when the production got behind schedule (due in large part to the inconsistent October weather: rainy one minute, sunny the next) it was either postponed or shot by a second unit. The location where it was supposed to be filmed no longer exists, but it looked nothing like what you see in the movie.
Secondarily, if you look at the original Goonies screenplay posted online, you will see that that particular sequence was revised on a date several months AFTER the production had returned to LA. There would be absolutely no reason to rewrite a scene that had already been filmed. If a version was shot here, it was ultimately re-shot somewhere else (much like the ending), most likely on the Warners backlot.
*Info courtesy of Astorian aka Mick